About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old makeup enthusiast and university student.

Followers

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Lime Crime Velvetines Review

I first came across the Lime Crime Velvetines lipsticks on the Lime Crime Instagram @limecrimemakeup. I received Red Velvet for Christmas 2012 and really loved the shade and how easy it was to apply. It's the perfect matte red lip colour! 

Because I loved Red Velvet so much I was really excited when Lime Crime announced the launch of Pink Velvet ready for Christmas 2013! I actually purchased mine after Christmas and was really excited to try it when it arrived and I wasn't disappointed! It's a beautiful bright pink shade and looks gorgeous on the lips! Here's a picture of me wearing it which you will find on my Instagram @aislinn9221:

                 

The Velvetines packaging is also super cute as you can see here in this picture of Red Velvet and Pink Velvet side by side:


These lip colours apply like a gloss but dry quickly into a matte finish.  When applying it is important to only put on one coat and not to rub your lips together as you normally would with a lipstick or gloss, as this will smear the colour and you won't get that perfect matte finish you want! 


As you can see from the picture above, the colours dry completely opaque and look gorgeous in natural light.  A little goes a long way too! 


Photo credit: Instagram @limecrimemakeup

Top shade is Pink Velvet, middle is Suedeberry, bottom is Red Velvet.


Photo credit: Instagram @limecrimemakeup

Lime Crime recently announced that they will be launching three new shades of Velvetines which I am super excited about!! The colours in The Clueless Witch Collection look amazing and I can't wait to try them! Here's some swatches of the new colours: 


Photo credit: Instagram @limecrimemakeup

As you can see from the picture above, Wicked is a darker red than Red Velvet, Black Velvet is an amazing matte black that I'm very intrigued by and Salem is a dark brown/red colour. 

I really recommend the Velvetines!! Be sure to follow Lime Crime on Instagram to get the latest swatches and news on new product releases! 

Here's links to where you can buy Lime Crime Products in the uk:
http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/brand/lime-crime
http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/lime-crime-makeup-m-13.html
They usually retail for around £13.50
US customers can buy Lime Crime products at limecrime.com

Thanks for reading!

Aislinn
X






No comments:

Post a Comment