About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old makeup enthusiast and university student.

Followers

Wednesday 29 January 2014

BH Cosmetics Professional Blush Palette

I recently got the BH Cosmetics 10 colour Professional Blush Palette and I have to say I'm really pleased with it. I hadn't used any BH Cosmetics products before, so was unsure what the quality would be like, but I wasn't disappointed.

Pros:
It's great for travelling as there are 10 different blushes in one palette which saves carrying separate bulky products. 
The colours are well pigmented and buildable, so they can be applied lightly or more heavily depending on the look you're going for. 

Cons:
Although there are 10 different shades in the palette, some of them look very similar to each other.
The colours don't have names or numbers to distinguish between them, which makes them hard to describe to clients/in tutorials.
Most of the shades would be unlikely to show up on dark skin tones :( 
In the photo I have numbered the different shades to make it easier to describe them.

1.  This is the only shimmer blush in the palette and it is quite a light peachy colour so would be good to use as a highlight colour.
2.  A warm matte terracotta shade- looks lovely with a brown smoky eye.
3.  Matte pink/peach- good dupe for MAC's "Melba" which is one of my favourite blushes. 
4.  Matte dark pink 
5.  Pink/lilac matte shade- perfect Barbie pink cheek! 
6.  Really beautiful matte coral/orange- would look lovely in summer. 
7.  Very light matte peach colour, would be great for a "no makeup look"
8.  Matte pink/peach- a darker version of 3, in the above picture I am wearing 3 and 8 mixed together.
9.  Matte brown- looks really good mixed with number 5 (trust me!) 
10.  Perfect mid-pink shade, very versatile. 

If you're looking to experiment with different blushes, or you're new to using makeup, then this palette is perfect for you! I really love it and use it most days. You can order it on amazon here: 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Piece-Professional-Blush-Palette/dp/B003QAPTAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391021032&sr=8-1&keywords=bh+cosmetics
It is only £12.95 on amazon!!! 
US customers can get it here: 
http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/face/10-Color-Professional-Blush-Palette

Thanks for reading 
Aislinn
X



No comments:

Post a Comment