About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old makeup enthusiast and university student.

Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Benefit Porefessional vs Maybelline Baby Skin

Maybelline recently launched their pore reducing primer Baby Skin.  I am a big fan of the Baby Lips lip balms so I was intrigued by the primer, and when I saw how much cheaper it was than the Porefessional primer from Benefit I just had to see how the two compare to one another.

The Baby Skin has a cute minty green packaging, and it does look quite similar to the Baby Lips balms.


In the image below, I have put the Baby Skin primer on the right side of my face only, so you can see what effect it has on reducing pores and smoothing the skin. I have also put some of the primer on my finger tip so you can see what the consistency is like:


Please excuse my gross spotty face! As you can see the consistency is very gel like.  When I put it on my skin, it feels quite thick at first which I wasn't too pleased about, but when I rubbed it in it did feel more lightweight and smooth.  I wouldn't say it made a dramatic effect on the visibility of my pores and smoothness of my skin, but it did feel like my face was primed and ready for makeup.

The Benefit Porefessional has a cute vintage style packaging: 


As I did with the Baby Skin, I have put an image below where only the right side of my face has the Porefessional primer on, and there is a swatch of the product so you are able to compare the consistency: 


I prefer the consistency of this primer much more than the baby skin.  It feels light and smooth straightaway when you apply it to your face, and I think it does do a better job at reducing the visibility of my pores.  When I apply this primer, my makeup stays intact much longer than if I didn't wear it, whereas the Baby Skin doesn't make much of a difference on the longevity of my face makeup.

Both primers do their job, but I have to say that the Benefit Porefessional does it better.  Due to the price of it however, I reserve it for special occasions, and use the Maybelline Baby Skin as an everyday primer to smooth out my complexion before I apply my makeup.

The Benefit Porefessional retails for around £25 for 22ml and you can get it here: 

The Maybelline Baby Skin retails for £7.99 and you can get it here: 

I hope you found this review/comparison helpful

Thank you for reading!

Aislinn x

No comments:

Post a Comment