About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old makeup enthusiast and university student.

Followers

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Step By Step Contouring Pictorial

I thought I would give a step by step tutorial on how to contour using affordable drugstore products. Contouring requires a lot of makeup on your face, so I would only recommend you do this for special occasions rather than everyday, but it does give your face that extra bit of dimension and definition, so I usually just contour with powders for everyday and use liquid products if I'm going somewhere extra special or getting my picture taken.

STEP 1: 


Using my Loreal True Match Foundation in Vanilla and a Beauty Blender sponge I apply my foundation all over my face.

STEP 2:


Using the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer I highlight under my eyes and hide any dark circles.

STEP 3:


Using Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade Cafu 30 I draw the contour lines below my cheekbones, down the sides of my nose, along my jaw and chin and on my temples.

STEP 4:


Using Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory, I highlight the centre of my forehead, along my nose, my Cupid's bow, my chin, and under the contour lines on my cheeks.

STEP 5:


I blend in all of the highlight using a Beauty Blender.

STEP 6:


I blend all of the contour lines using a MAC 188 duo fibre brush and circular motions.

STEP 6:


I use Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Silky Beige and a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend everything together even more.

STEP 7:


Using Rimmel Natural Matte Bronzer and a Real Techniques Contour Brush I go back along the contour lines.  This is usually what I do for my everyday contouring makeup routine.

Finally I fill in my brows, apply eyeshadow, eyeliner, ,mascara, blush and gloss to complete the look:



PRODUCT LIST:








Beauty Blender http://www.beautyblender.co.uk/product/beautyblender_classic/

MAC 188 Brush http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/146/1391/Products/Brushes/Face/188-Small-Duo-Fibre-Face-Brush/index.tmpl

I hope you found this helpful! 

Thanks for reading

Aislinn x


No comments:

Post a Comment